Friday, May 22, 2020

The One an Only Bob Book Review


My students and I have been waiting for this one since it was announced last fall. I am a huge fan of The One and Only Ivan and I was curious where Bob’s story would go. Dogs are my favorite animals and I cheered as Bob and Ivan became such good friends in the first book, so I couldn’t wait to read more about them. It truly was like visiting some old friends which is something we all need right now!

Bob has settled into domestic life with Julia and her parents grudgingly. He visits Ivan and Ruby at their sanctuary often. With a hurricane approaching, Bob and Julia go with her father to check on the sanctuary and its inhabitants. A tornado strikes and Bob sets off on a dangerous expedition to find his long lost sister. There are perilous twists and turns throughout the story, but I was very pleased with the ending.

Successful sequels are hard to pull off especially with beloved characters like Bob, Ivan, and Ruby; but Katherine Applegate is an impeccable storyteller and pulled it off impressively. My students will love this action-packed, heart-warming tale.

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment