Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Music for Tigers Book Review


This was a beautifully written almost lyrical (musical) story. There are so many themes that will appeal to middle grade readers--Australia, conservation, extinct/endangered animals, friendship, music, neurodiversity, and more. This is actually my first summer reading book of 2020 and I can’t wait to have some students read it for feedback, but now I have to wait until the fall.

When Louisa arrives to stay with her Uncle Ruf in Tasmania at the family’s wilderness sanctuary, she is suffering anxiety because of her upcoming violin audition. As she learns more about the sanctuary’s purpose, she blends her musical talents into their mission. Her relationship with Colin leads her to understand neurodiversity and copes with her own issues. I really enjoyed the conservation and hopeful messages in this one. I will definitely be checking out other books by Kadarusman!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment